Wednesday 19 October 2016

Introduction: Who, what and why?

Welcome to ItaloScores!

I’m a film music fan located in Finland. Though I own over 600 different film scores, my favourites have been Italian film music compositions ever since I first discovered the music of Maestro Ennio Morricone in the early 2000s. Since then it has been the most fast-growing part of my collection, and I’ve discovered other film music maestros as the years have passed. Fortunately the amount of new releases from obscure Italian titles is still high on special record labels. The unfortunate thing is though that there are only a few film music sites that review those albums and it might be hard to know which music to buy or not.

In my blog I’m going to review Italian film scores hoping to recommend as well as to introduce the music I cherish so deeply. Remember though that these are my own opinions and my love for this music might affect the rating favorably. For instance I’ve grown accustomed to the occasional dissonance or weirdness which the scores I’m going to review will have.

Because it’s almost time for Halloween, I’ll start by reviewing some Italian thriller and horror scores. Let’s see where that takes us.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment